The concept of 'remote' arose from the limitations on business owners and staff from traditional software systems that seriously restricted what could be done, when it could be initiated and by whom, from outside their offices and factories. More often than not when a business closed for the day its data was effectively locked. (The same effect when the owner went home or traveled outside the city.) The revolutionary Remote Access in Tally.Erp9 makes regular functions available outside the physical confines of the premises.
• Manage business from home:
You do not have to be present in your office any more to know the latest update on your business. You can plan your day in advance by checking status of payable s and receivable, pending orders, stock status etc in the morning, before you reach office. Delegate and plan work better.
• Business on the move:
Your absence from office does not affect the visibility to business anymore. Access your business data from a laptop, cyber cafe or even computer in the hotel where you are staying. Stay connected to your business without being involved.
• Enhance response time to customers:
Sales staff in the field can access customer's outstanding statements for immediate reference or discussion. Also before booking a new order or promising delivery dates, a sales person can check the stock status and availability of goods by using Tally.ERP 9 installed on the customer's computer.
• Chartered Accountant can access your business data sitting in his/her office:
Enable remote access to the Chartered Accountant to save time and money in receiving expert advice. Chartered accountant and his/her article clerks can access your business data and provide tax computation, compliance and audit advices without having to visit your office. This can help you with continuous compliance.
• A Tally expert can resolve your support queries remotely:
Solution to support issues do not have to wait any more. Provide one time access to a Tally expert or a solution provider to fix your product, customization or any other support issues instantaneously. This can save your business the delay in problem resolution.
• Maintain personal account at home which can also be accessed from your office.
The Tally.NET ID is the user's Identity, Tally.NET servers Authenticate the user as being a valid user; you decide what the user is authorized to do.
Your Business Requires You To Do
Remote Edit of Business Transactions?
A feature essentially developed for people on the move with a capability to rectify or alter transactions or masters from anywhere. Tally.ERP 9 will be enabled to edit transactions and masters from a remote location.
This feature fundamentally helps business owners or auditors to amend the classification of master or transactions without actually being present at the business location.
It is necessary to create a user with the required permission and connect the company to Tally.NET server. The business owner/auditor logs in from a remote location even with Tally.ERP 9 running in Educational mode.
How Remote Access works:
Imagine you need to access your data when you're not in the office. Tally.ERP 9 Remote Access lets you field supplier calls from home (or any place else with an Internet connection), check Bank balances, view your financial commitments and check on receipts due before making a commitment to pay. It even allows you to review entries posted and make necessary corrections. Or keep personal books of accounts at a separate location and access them when it's convenient... for office-augmenting ability, nothing beats Tally.ERP 9.
Simple, Activates in seconds:
All it requires is that you start up your company and make it available to a specific user, who can then access the data from his/her copy of Tally software (which can even be the free-of-cost Educational version) after furnishing his/her user name and password.
• The Remote connectivity is initiated with a secured Handshake between two computers
using Tally.NET environment.
• Customer can allow / disallow access to the Company Data for remote users at any
point of time.
• Data resides on the Customer's Computer only.
• Encrypted Data is transferred between two computers on request.
• Data will only be transferred through the Tally.NET server and not reside
• The customer can assign Security controls to remote users depending upon what access
to be given.
• For the Remote user(s) Backup / Restore options will not be available in the remote location.
Requirements for Remote Connectivity:
At your office:
• Internet connection
• Tally.ERP 9 License with the Tally.NET subscription
• Authorize remote users for a Company that has to be accessed remotely
• Load & Connect the Company to Tally.NET for remote access
Note: For the company to be accessed by the Remote User the computer has to be switched on, and Tally.ERP 9 with company loaded.
At the Remote Location:
• Internet connection
• Tally.ERP 9 (Licensed/Education)
• A valid remote User ID and Password
If Multi Site
While each site can manage their site as described above, with multi-site these capabilities are available from one location for the entire organization! The benefits you get with this ease of administration are phenomenal – and you can reduce your IT administration costs.
You and your other users may need to send queries and support requests Our Customer Centre. Earlier this was done by e-mail or phone - and you would need to keep track of these by memory or other systems.
Now, with Tally.ERP 9 you can send your requests from within the product - and direct these to Tally or your support partner. Responses are available here. There are other benefits as well:
• You get access to the Support Centre even on Remote! When you log-in remotely from
anywhere, you can send queries as well as see responses, including all past interactions.
• As an 'administrator' you can review the queries that users send - this way you know that an
issue has been escalated and that the user is interested to get his issues resolved.
• You can easily monitor the quality of service that you receive.
• You can look at issues reported and queries raised across all the sites of the enterprise - and
probably take a call that some user training is required - on the business or on the product.
The Support Center is your gateway for help from a 'human'. When you just cannot wait for a response, we have built (and continuously enhance) a repository of knowledge – the Knowledge Base. This is available on the Tally website as part of the customer portal.
The product comes with a detailed on-line help (press Alt-H while in Tally.ERP 9) that should be able to address your queries on "how do I do this", and "what should I do here